Decided to change it up on this one. I listen to a wide array of music and I wanted to share some with you. You will be surprised on what I listen too. https://youtu.be/Hn-enjcgV1o Player Baby Come Back That guitar riff at the end tho? https://youtu.be/Cgrxgp2Jp94 Metallica The God That Failed Thanks to Beavis and... Continue Reading →
After the original season opening game was postponed, due to inclement weather, a little anticipation was built up. Dare say antsy-ness. We’ve waited six months, what’s one more day?
The Tigers and White Sox game didn’t disappoint. There was action, damn near from the opening pitch. Or maybe I was just excited.
The White Sox wasted little time getting on the board. In the bottom of the first, with a man on first base, Melky Caberra stepped to the plate. He hit a line drive to right field, driving in Tyler Saladino and his mustache, and although Saladino scored, Melky got thrown out going for the triple.
At the top of the second inning, the Tigers had men on first and third with no outs. 24 year old Jacoby Jones steps to the plate, making his first Major League debut. One would think he would be nervous, under the bright lights, and hype of…
View original post 333 more words
En Vogue Don't Let Go https://youtu.be/mwhwGmoYv1s Man remember when buying the CDs to your favorite movie? Yes buying the soundtrack. I loved the 1996 movie Set It Off. En Vogue was my favorite Woman's R&B group in the 90s. That passion though? Hahahaha. Fabolous ft Jazzy Real One https://youtu.be/CGtx-bHW_sY This song is dope. It samples... Continue Reading →
- A person is sticking it to the man, by boasting up the price of their home that was purchased for $25,000 to $5 million! The location: Adjecnt to where Little Caesers arena is being built.
- Ford investing 1.2 Billion in 3 South East Michigan Ford plants
- Detroit schools, state consider deal to avoid closures
The plan involves Eastern Michigan University, the University of Michigan, Michigan State University and Wayne State University, according to the Michigan Department of Education.
The four institutions would help set “high but attainable” goals at two dozen city schools that had been targeted by the state for closure, improving academic achievement and decreasing chronic absenteeism and teacher vacancies.
- Under Armor isopening a store Downtown, just a couple of doors down from rival Nike
- The Detroit Pistons are all but eliminated from playoff contention. Yes they could theoretically go…
View original post 132 more words
After much thought, and after a tough couple of months figuring things out, I’m going to take my talents to DDOT. That’s right, the Detroit Department of Transportation.
I was in the training program before, and I wasn’t happy with what I experienced, however I’ve been convinced things are changing, for the better. I would like to be apart of the change. Out with the old way of doing things, in with the new breed. This is my third, and final run as a transit bus driver. I don’t plan on switching teams again.
This is an opportunity to help change the culture of an organization and become a championship caliber team. I know it will be a long road ahead, but I’m something like the LeBron, (Pre-flopping) of bus drivers. A franchise player if I must say so myself.
I’ll be writing here on PTA a lot more…
View original post 78 more words
Well thank you for looking at my 1st music post last week. I got a good response so let's do it again. Alessia Cara "Here" https://youtu.be/UKp2CrfmVfw Lmfao yes! I love this song. When I was a tour bus driver, my co workers daughter would always sing this song. I had no idea what she was... Continue Reading →
Lets be completely honest right now. I mean gloves off, emotion out of it (at least for a couple of paragraphs), it's mostly people that's NOT from Oakland or who never even been to Oakland, hollering that "I'm a fan no matter what" shit. Lets be clear, Oakland needs a lot of help financially,... Continue Reading →
- Dozens of volunteers from the Michigan Cares for Tourism organization are going to be sent to the park to help restore the island’s Casino Building, Flynn Pavilion and the Boat Club.
The state took control of the park in the form of a 30-year lease in 2013 when the city of Detroit declared for bankruptcy.
- Meet Detroit’s Top Doctor. She’s making quite the impact
- This Old House Came to Detroit
- The Detroit Free Press will unveil it’s anticipated documentary on the 1967 Detroit riots, called 12th & Clairmount
- The Heidelberg project creator, Tyree Guyton lost his midtown art location, that he’s had for nine years. Guyton, gained international fame when he began making outdoor art from castoff items, to draw attention to his blighted neighborhood on the East Side of Detroit. As controversial as his work has been, he brought attention and sort of a tourist attraction…
View original post 37 more words
For the last 20 years or so, advertisements for big name companies have gone on aggressive ad campaigns. Nike told you to Just do it Pepsi told you to Live for the moment Burger King told you to Have it your way And so many other companies have told you, your life wasn't good enough,... Continue Reading →