- Dozens of volunteers from the Michigan Cares for Tourism organization are going to be sent to the park to help restore the island’s Casino Building, Flynn Pavilion and the Boat Club.
The state took control of the park in the form of a 30-year lease in 2013 when the city of Detroit declared for bankruptcy.
- Meet Detroit’s Top Doctor. She’s making quite the impact
- This Old House Came to Detroit
- The Detroit Free Press will unveil it’s anticipated documentary on the 1967 Detroit riots, called 12th & Clairmount
- The Heidelberg project creator, Tyree Guyton lost his midtown art location, that he’s had for nine years. Guyton, gained international fame when he began making outdoor art from castoff items, to draw attention to his blighted neighborhood on the East Side of Detroit. As controversial as his work has been, he brought attention and sort of a tourist attraction…
View original post 37 more words